About this website
Volunteer Benefits are Available Now Date Posted: Jul 20, 2019
Fire and Emergency New Zealand is adding to the ways we recognise, respect and promote our volunteers. On 17 June, it was announced the first phase of a package of initiatives to recognise volunteers and their family/whanau.
Volunteers can access the benefits and more information on the Volunteers Benefit Page on the FENZ portal without needing to log in.
Below is a summary of the phase one benefits:
- Access to an annual volunteer reimbursement of $300 (tax exempt) for general expenses available to volunteers from December 2019 if they choose to opt in.
- Access to an allowance of $50 (before tax) per night for Fire and Emergency approved formal training when away overnight or longer.
- Access to discounted rates for health insurance.
- Access to hundreds of offers around New Zealand via the Frequent Values website.
- Access to discounts with Fire and Emergency suppliers for everyday items.
If you have any questions, please contact [email protected]
or a member of the NHQ Volunteer Resilience team.